Salmaan Al-Faarisee, “Three Things Make Me Cry”


On the authority of Ja’far ibn Burqaan who said:


“I came to know that Salman al-Faarisee (may Allaah be pleased with him) used to say:
“Three things make me laugh and three things make me cry.  I laugh at:

(1) the one who is hopeful of the world yet death seeks him;
(2) the one who is neglectful (of his Lord) while he is not neglected (by Him);
(3) the one who laughs at the top of his voice, while he does not know whether he is pleasing his Lord or displeasing Him.

Three things make me cry:
(1) parting from our beloved Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them);
(2) the terror of the onset of the pangs of death;
(3) and the standing in front of the Lord of the Worlds while not knowing whether I will be turned towards the Fire or Paradise”.

:(

Comments

Popular Posts