Note: We might smile at those outside our house but the moment we step in to our homes, our faces usually pull down as if dragged by gravity into a frown! So please, start with your family
Just a reminder to all you out there — smile! its good for you! For a couple of reasons:
1) its sunnah — The Prophet Muhammad salla Allahu alayhi wasallam said, “And your smiling in the face of your brother is charity, your removing of stones, thorns, and bones from people’s paths is charity, and your guiding a man gone astray in the world is charity for you.” [Sahih at-Tirmithi]
2) It’s contagious!
3) Relieves stress!
4) SubhanAllah it boosts your immune system (reducing some sorts of diseases)
5) keeps you optimistic- changes your mood, allows you to look at life in a different perspective
6) makes you beautiful (whats up with all those face lifts and what not!)
7) It takes seventeen muscles to smile and forty-three to frown