Remembrance before sleeping

Remembrance before sleeping


In EnglishWhen retiring to his bed every night, the Prophet (S) would hold his palms together, spit in them, recite the last three chapters of the Qur’aan and then wipe over his entire body as much as possible with his hands, beginning with his head and face and then all parts of the body, he would do this three times.’


In EnglishThe Prophet (S) also said: ‘When you are about to sleep recite aayat-ul-kursiyy till the end of the verse for there will remain over you a protection from Allaah and no devil will draw near to you until morning.’



Dua in Arabic
In EnglishThe Prophet (S) also said: ‘Whoever recites the last two verses of Suurah Al-Baqarah at night, those two verses shall be sufficient for him.’
[Al-Baqarah (2): 285-286]




In ArabicDua in Arabic

In English‘If one of you rises from his bed and then returns to it he should dust it with the edge of his garment three times for he does not know what has occurred in his absence and when he lies down he should supplicate:
‘In Your name my Lord, I lie down and I in Your name I rise, so if You should take my soul then have mercy upon it, and if You should return my soul then protect it in the manner You do so with Your righteous servants.’



Dua in Arabic

‘O Allaah, verily You have created my soul and You shall take it’s life, to You belongs it’s life and death. If You should keep my soul alive then protect it, and if You should take its life then forgive it. O Allaah, I ask You to grant me good health.’



Dua in Arabic


The Prophet (S) would place his right hand under his cheek when about to sleep and supplicate:
‘O Allaah, protect me from Your punishment on the day Your servants are resurrected.’ (three times)



Dua in Arabic

‘In Your name O Allaah, I live and die.’




In ArabicDua in Arabic

‘Shall I not direct you both to something better than a servant? When you go to bed say:
(i)

‘How Perfect Allaah is.’(thirty-three times)

(ii)

‘All praise is for Allaah.’(thirty-three times)

(iii)

‘Allaah is the greatest.’(thirty-four times)
…for that is indeed better for you both than a servant.’



In ArabicDua in Arabic

‘O Allaah, Lord of the seven heavens and the exalted throne, our Lord and Lord of all things, Splitter of the seed and the date stone, Revealer of theTowraah, the Injeel and the Furqaan, I take refuge in You from the evil of all things You shall seize by the forelock. O Allaah, You are The First so there is nothing before You and You are The Last so there is nothing after You. You are Ath-Thaahir so there is nothing above You and You are Al-Baatin so there is nothing closer than You. Settle our debt for us and spare us from poverty.’



In ArabicDua in Arabic
In English‘All praise is for Allaah, Who fed us and gave us drink, and Who is sufficient for us and has sheltered us, for how many have none to suffice them or shelter them.’



In ArabicDua in Arabic
In English‘O Allaah, Knower of the seen and the unseen, Creator of the heavens and the earth, Lord and Sovereign of all things I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except You. I take refuge in You from the evil of my soul and from the evil and shirk of the devil, and from committing wrong against my soul or bringing such upon another Muslim.’



In English‘The Prophet (S) never used to sleep until he had recited Suurah As-Sajdah and Suurah Al-Mulk.’


In ArabicDua in Arabic
In English‘If you take to your bed, then perform ablution, lie on your right side and then supplicate:
‘O Allaah, I submit my soul unto You, and I entrust my affair unto You, and I turn my face towards You, and I totally rely on You, in hope and fear of You. Verily there is no refuge nor safe haven from You except with You. I believe in Your Book which You have revealed and in Your Prophet whom You have sent.’
…If you then die, you will die upon the fitrah.’

Comments

Popular Posts